1/6 Ambrotype Civil War Soldier Possibly Georgia or Alabama Confederate CSA
Sixth-plate ambrotype of a Civil War soldier wearing a dark uniform with painted buttons and a key around his neck which appears to be tucked into his front jacket pocket. This soldier was found in Alabama, and a CW collector who saw this. He was possibly a member of the Alabama or Georgia infantry, however he is not identified and no info other than location it was found is known.
Of his buttons might be a clue. Glass ambrotype with painted black metal plate behind the image in the case. In half of a case, in very good to excellent antique condition. One corner of the preserver is broken but everything stays securely together when cased.
This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Israel, New Zealand, Switzerland, Norway, Bermuda, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Iceland, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Monaco.
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Antique: Yes
- Material: Leather
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Men, Military, Uniforms
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Ambrotype
- Year of Production: 1860s
- Number of Photographs: 1
- Theme: Americana, Conflicts & Wars, Militaria, Portrait
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Production Technique: Ambrotype
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States